CALL FOR A BOOK CHAPTER
Use this exclusive opportunity to extend your research work and contribute to our upcoming Open Access book, Tourism and Mobilities with ISBN 978-1-914266-05-8. Prepare your proposal and submit it via the online submission form. Make sure to stipulate that you agree to publish your chapter as part of the Open Access Book. Upon successful screening by the editorial board to ensure that the proposal adheres to the quality and focus requirements, your proposal will be sent for a double-blind peer-review process. If your book proposal is accepted, you will receive an open-access publication confirmation. You will then work closely with the Book Editor to deliver the final manuscript.
ABOUT THE BOOK
The COVID19 has had a direct impact on the drastic reduction of tourism and mobilities. However, there are still several reasons for people to stay on the move, either for economic, professional, social or health reasons. Therefore, the new forms of social and physical mobilities and their intersections with tourism performances should be re-visited. Since Urry’s (2000) seminal work, mobilities constitute a new paradigm that has transformed research in various fields. Within the mobility turn, the so-called “new mobile generation” (Sheller & Urry, 2006) has emerged. These “people on move” have different motivations, cultural backgrounds and lifestyle experiences, all of which impact and continuously change social and spatial mobilities. In the last two decades, the mobilities paradigm and the mobile generation have received attention from researchers in fields like human geography, migration, management, anthropology, sociology, ethnography, marketing, economy, law, psychology, education, etc. The purpose of this book is to challenge the previous knowledge on tourism and mobilities, and to contribute with critical research by illustrating new ways of understanding movement of different motivations and its impact. We are looking for academic contributions at the intersection between tourism and mobilities, and also “neighboring” or “border” areas and “embedded” topics, in order to demonstrate through different concepts and approaches the current state of art, picture present challenges and global trends, detect gaps and grey zones, and draw reader´s attention on possible future research. Some of the various dwellings and gaps where tourism and mobilities are becoming socially, economically, culturally, and politically meaningful are (not exhaustive list):
- New forms of mobilities and new types of tourists
- Changing tourist behavior and travel patterns in the scope of new mobilities
- Individual mobility’s patterns of “people on move” (or mobile actors)
- Social awareness to reduce tourism and mobility negative impacts
- Innovation in transport means and trends in mobile technologies affecting tourism and mobilities
- Health issues and legal aspects related to mobilities and tourism
BOOK CHAPTER SUBMISSIONS
- Proposal submissions must be original and must not be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- All proposals must follow the guidelines of the template available on the Author Guidelines page.
- The Review and final Acceptance decisions will be based on relevance, quality, innovative content, and the originality of research approaches and results.
- Proposals should be submitted via the Online Proposal Submission Form.