Edited by Prof. John Metselaar
Professor Leading Innovation, at the Solvay Brussels School. Director Innovation & Digital Transformation at The Conference Board. Former P&G Executive. Belgium
About the Book
Strategic management, the strategic use of resources to achieve organizational goals and objectives require reflection on the processes and procedures within the organization as well as external factors that may impact how the organizations function. While the current era is characterized by booming of digital transformation, the new technologies affect the dynamics and outcomes of business processes and the understanding of strategic management. In fact, there is little knowledge of strategic management in the digital transformation era and the scholars and practitioners know little about the dynamics of new technologies and their impacts on strategic decision-making process.
The upcoming Open Access Book “Strategic Management in the Age of Digital Transformation” will welcome contributions and chapter proposals consisting of novel research approaches – conceptual, empirical, case studies, surveys – from different disciplines that demonstrate a good fit with the main themes of strategic management and the digital transformation era.
The book chapters are expected to advance the current knowledge of strategic management in the digital transformation era through investigating the impacts of new technologies and identifying key drivers of strategic management development.
Digital transformation entails and enables a wide range of changes in the organizations’ strategies, interactions, and processes. The aim of this Open Access Book is to examine how and to what extent new technologies can contribute to the development of strategic management in organizations and to define the future strategies.
In this context, relevant themes and topics include, but not limited to:
- Impacts of digital transformation on organizational strategies
- Company competitiveness
- Dynamics of digital transformation
- Opportunities and challenges for public organizations and private businesses
- Decision-making processes
- Strategic management and the role of new digital technologies
- Entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial process
- New strategies and the digital transformation
- Business models
- Qualitative and quantitative changes in business operations
- Efficiency, Growth, Performance and innovation
- Opportunities for entrepreneurship
- Decision-making in the digital transformation era
- Integration or convergence of new technologies
- Business development strategies
- New venture creation in the era of digital transformation
- Networks and digital transformation